SBX, Fair Trade Coffee & Me

Wherein it is learned that one can have one's coffee and write about it too. A blog-away-from-blog for coffee posts and the resulting "brew-haha."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasadena, California

Just a middle-aged guy from Pasadena, who woke up one morning to discover more and more sense in making green choices . . . and how easy it had become.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Challange # 8: You Can What?!? Laaaaadies and Gentlemen, We Have a Winner!

Location: Fair Oaks & State Street
454 North Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena CA, 91030

I walked into the store in the middle of morning rush -- but as I was on the way to meet with greenlagirl, Anna C. of www.bringyourown.org and the Starbucks regional Big Bosses and some local store managers, I was in a heartless mood.

"Venti Fair Trade Drip, please," I asked, despite the 12 people in line behind me.

The Barista paused, looked over her shoulder. I could see the wheels working: Hmm. No FT on brew.

"We can press it for you; it will take about four minutes."

DING DING DING -- Weeeoooooo WeeeeeeOOOOOO WeeeeeOOOOOO -- Flashing lights: JACKPOT!

The first store, ever, to offer the FT coffee, pressed, without the redirect!

There's not much else to say; when I declined, because I was suddenly struck by the urge for chocolate, and I asked for a mocha instead, the barista looked stricken, and tried to convince me to have the FT. ROFL!

I assured her that I was not unhappy, just interested in Chocolate. She asked why I asked for the FT drip then. "Because I am going to chat with the regional bosses this morning in LA and want to tell them that you gave the right answer!"

She looked really relieved; and yes, I told Big Bos Marisol, of South Pasadena, specifically of this store's excellent response! In fact, she is sitting right here next to me at Pico & Robertson as I finish and publish this post via WiFi.

Thanks State Street So. Pas!

***********************
Amused by the Starbucks Challenge? Me too. Now come see my real mission in the blogosphere: Easy Green and its companion journal, Observations, and such: Notes on the Kitchen Calendar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home